I feel resistance to change strongly and have often described this feeling like trying to shove a square peg into a round hole, it just hurts and gets shaved off on the corners as the ill-fitted peg is forced into the round space. Changes are forced into compliance in a new life habit.
When you feel resistance to change or to being good to yourself rather than destructive to yourself, then you are right where you need to be. You are at the doorway of challenging and changing your view, and your feelings about what you are doing, and your way of life!! Keep moving forward with love toward yourself, with gratitude for your freedom to choose and to know what to choose even when you feel resistance toward it– keep doing it. Find others who are successful in changing from destructive habits to life-giving, get good tools like EPTworks and keep praying and keep trying again and again. You can do it. I believe in you.
Forgiveness for giving up in the face of resistance and remaining powerless to change:
- I forgive myself for seeing resistance as a wall rather than a doorway for my good.
- I forgive myself for believing all resistance is bad, unsafe, not allowed and off limits.
- I forgive myself for believing I can’t feel any different, and this resistance will always be with me.
- I forgive myself for believing I will never get over my feeling of resistance and feel comfort in this new space.
- I forgive myself for holding onto powerlessness because of what has changed in my life and what I can never get back.
- I forgive myself for holding onto sadness and loss to keep myself stuck in resistance to a new life.
- I forgive myself for believing resistance is more powerful than my choice to love myself and others in my new space.
- I forgive myself for allowing resistance to keep me from loving myself and serving others with my gifts and talents.
- I forgive myself for believing there is nothing for me on the other side of this resistance.
- I forgive myself for deciding I can’t do this and for remaining stuck in resistance.
- I give others permission to forgive me for using my feeling of resistance as an excuse to let them down. I forgive others for using their feelings of resistance as a reason to remain distant and disconnected.
- I forgive myself for believing there is no impasse to my feeling of resistance in this matter.
- I forgive others for believing the same thing so that we remain isolated from loving communication.
- I give myself permission to raise my level of acceptance to my resistance to facing my own resistance in any matter in my life.
- I give myself permission to raise my level of acceptance to my own resistance to loving and communicative relationships in my family, my community, and in each person I meet in this world.
- I give myself permission to raise my level of acceptance to my own resistance for holding me back from personal growth and achievement.
- I choose to increase my feelings of gratitude for what resistance teaches me and how resistance challenges me to increase my courage for continued growth and expansion of love and service in my life.
Leave a Reply