I was on a road trip and happened to be reading Barbara Brennan’s book Light Emerging. I was reading her chapter on the seven stages of healing. I had an incredible “aha moment” as I realized this information explained why I could have two different patients with the same symptoms and totally different outcomes.
I may have two patients with right leg pain (sciatica). One patient responds to my brilliant care in one treatment having no more pain. I feel like a genius doctor who can fix this problem in anyone but the next patient with this same problem comes in and I can’t get any change or healing to occur. After learning the seven stages of healing I understood why.
Seven Stages of Healing
- Denial: “There’s nothing wrong with me.” “It’s normal to have headaches.” “Everyone has problems like this.”
- Anger: “Why me?” “This isn’t fair.” “I don’t deserve this problem.” “I hate this pain.” “Someone else is to blame.”
- Bargain: “Okay, I’ve been bad and now I need to change so this will stop or go away.” “I will do what the doctor say as long as I’m guaranteed to get rid of this.” “I’ll get surgery if it will make it better.” “I’ll take 100 vitamins and do colonics every day if it will make it better.” “I hate my life so I have to fix it.”
- Depression: “It doesn’t matter what I do, nothing gets better.” “I’m stuck with this problem.” “It will never go away.”
- Acceptance: “I feel better.” “Things are getting better.” “I still have a way to go but I feel hope.” “I love my life so I know it will change.”
- Light Emerging: “Things in my life are changing rapidly.” “Some days I think nothing has changed but then I see a lot of things have changed.” “New people are coming into my life.” “Things in my life are changing rapidly.” “I feel the meaning of let go, let God.”
- Creation of New Life: “I am solidly placed in a completely new scenario in my life.” “There are new people and things.” “I am excited at the prospect of learning new ways of being and living my life in this new place.”
So here’s the genius part: The patient who healed was in “Light Emerging”. The patient I couldn’t help heal was in “Depression”. Use muscle testing to determine what stage of healing your client is in with a particular problem. The ones in “Acceptance”, “Light Emerging” and “Creation of New Life” will get better with very little effort on your part.
For the others, in “Denial”, “Anger”, “Bargain” or “Depression”; use EPTworks™ to quickly reveal and release what it holding them back. Voila! You too, can be a genius healer!
Think about a problem you would like to heal and determine what stage of healing you are in with that problem. Your decision to heal will take you on a road trip to “Creation of New Life”. Enjoy the journey!
Much gratitude to Barbara Brennan for her great contribution to this work!
I would love to hear how you have used the stages of healing to increase the focus and speed of healing in your life or in helping others. Please leave a comment below.